A 100% transparent glance at my very very very first moderate paycheck
They pay a lot more than we expected.
Today the cash hit my bank account. It’s official: Medium will pay article writers.
I made, here are some relevant links in case this is the first you’ve heard about Medium paying actual money to actual people before I break down what.
- Partner Program FAQ. You’ll understand how Medium determines things to spend, just exactly how claps influence payment, and much more nutrients.
- Would like to get pa >Anyway, right right right here it really is. Paycheck # 1.
Observe that “How your locked stories contributed” component? If so when you then become a paid writer, you’ll have a few choices before you publish:
- It is possible to secure the whole tale and work out it readable for people just. This reduces the traffic you’ll have, nonetheless it’s the way that is only get. The four tales for the reason that screenshot had been the ones that are only thought we would secure, therefore moderate paid me personally for them. Seem sensible? Cool. Let’s have a look at each one of the tales.
Locked Tale 1:
- 1K views, 843 reads, 78% read ratio
- 76 fans
- 617 claps
- Payment: $139.73
This 1 had been a little bit of a test as it had been my very first locked post. I needed to see if composing locked tales as time goes on ended up being a good notion.
It is effortlessly among the best stories I’ve written on moderate. We go become an excellent sign if I’m laughing when I told the tragic tale of Chad, Stacy and the ex who would not let go as I write something, and I really never stopped laughing.
I’m positive the traffic suffered because We decided to secure it, but I became amazed whenever I saw Medium’s estimated repayment for my efforts. And so I made a decision to keep working.
Locked Stories 2 and 3:
- 51K combined views, 42K combined reads
- 8,800 combined fans
- 98K combined claps
- Combined re re payment: $50.05
Wondering why these tales got a great deal traffic but therefore payment that is little? It is as the majority that is vast of views and claps took place if they had been unlocked and free for anyone to read through. We locked every one of them 2-3 weeks after initially publishing.
So these tales are two high high quality examples of unlocked posts that went bananas until they certainly were locked. When that happened, traffic stumbled on a halt that is screeching. We figured it might take place, but i needed to see just what the re re payment would end up being.
Allow the traffic figures in both of these tales be considered a class for your requirements: If you’d like to gain views, reads and supporters, just write on Medium every time they make modifications.
Note: these two whole stories are unlocked once more if you wish to read them.